I hope each family is enjoying this Thanksgiving Holiday! I sure am thankful for all of my students and each family. You are very supportive and involved and that is what a classroom teacher desires! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Celebration before we got out for the holiday.
On Thursday Mrs. Koeppel returned with a wonderful story titled, The Quilt Maker’s Gift. It was a really good story of how you should not be greedy and you should give more than receive. After the story each student decorated a piece of a quilt. She helped them put together a class quilt. We placed it in the bulletin board case for the entire school to enjoy!
For our Thanksgiving celebration on Friday, I set up 5 stations. The students rotated through each station making a baby papoose, Indian noodle necklace, decorated a teepee, made a bracelet to retell the Thanksgiving story and a tasting station including deer and no bake pumpkin pies! Thanks to all of our parents/grandparents who came to help with this! We had a lot of fun while learning was taking place!
We had such a great day and I am so thankful for my sweet students who make my job so much fun!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Next week we will begin our Christmas unit by learning all about evergreen trees and reindeer! We will continue with addition in Math and read a great story in Reading along with comprehension skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment